Tuesday, November 17, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: SMASHBOX O- GLOW MICROCIRCULATING CHEEK COLOR

Here's an initial review on SMASHBOX O- GLOW MICROCIRCULATING CHEEK COLOR

PRICE: APPROX. 1200-1500PHP (FORGOT THE DOLLAR EQUIVALENT)
PLACE BOUGHT: SEPHORA
OTHER LOCATIONS: BEAUTY BAR (PHILIPPINES)


THE VERDICT:

Finally, I am now going to try this product. It garnered some citations in different beauty magazines and I was on the verge of trying it. But since I don't like the brand, I was a bit prohibitive in purchasing this though some say it's great.

And here comes my hubby to answer my prayers. He got me this because he found the tube casket cute. He even said that he had his mom put this in her bag because he wanted to preserve the shape of the tube because he said that it's too cute to be crushed in his bag. And I told him: "You're cute!" Haha. I missed our landian. :)

Here comes another product off of hubby's US trip pasalubong loot. The Smashbox O- Glow Cheek Color. It's sister product, O- Gloss is concentrated on the lips. It has the same effect like O- Glow. It gives a rosy pink hue that is true to our natural flush and lip color.

It has a Goji Berry- C complex to moisturize skin while providing it with the certain antioxidants our skin needs to keep it healthy.

This is a cheek gel in silicone form. I hate the formula because I don't like silicone- based make- ups. For some weird reason, it just feels heavy on the face, although it helps battle oilies and sweat. It takes a lot of getting used to but as much as possible, I don't want to ever have silicone- based products thankyouverymuch.

But at least, this blend easily on skin.

Here's o- glow on my cheeks, perfectly blended. It just gives a very light rose flush which looks VERY natural. However, dark skinned ladies like me may find this a bit too light, which can be unnoticeable at all if you apply this lightly. I had to apply two dots on my cheeks, blending one before applying the other. There is also a technic in using this (for dark skinned ladies). When you start to blend, make sure that the pink hue is just concentrated on your apples. Because if you spread this all over your cheeks, the pink hue will be distributed, leaving your apples with a very very very subtle flush of color.

However, staying is power is relatively nice so I just have to apply this twice- thrice throughout the day. It is also unscented and it doesn't leave any pink streaks on my fingers. If it does, (usually if apply the product twice, the pink stains become a bit obvious on the fingers), it goes away with soap and water.

Would I repurchase? No. It's very light and it hate that it's in silicone form. I understand why hubby bought me this. Maybe the SA persuaded him to buy this because apparently, it's one of Smashbox's best products. But truth be told, it just caters to fair skinned people so in my standard, it's not worth every penny at all. But I like it still because it is a gift from my husband. :)

LOVE YOU HUBBY. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment