Wednesday, November 25, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ILLAMASQUA LIPSTICK (CLIMAX)

Here's an initial review on ILLAMASQUA LIPSTICK IN CLIMAX


PRICE: $20

PLACE BOUGHT: SEPHORA ONLINE

OTHER LOCATIONS: SEPHORA



THE VERDICT:


I've been intrigued by this brand so when sis bluepurple of girltalk initiated a pre-order, I decided to purchase this along with MUFE's Eyeshadow in #92 and MAC Crosswires lipstick.


I've read mixed reviews on this one. Some say that it's drying and some say that it's the most moisturizing lipstick that they have encountered.


Well, I must say that it's the best lipstick that I've tried so far.


Let's now go to the actual product.


Illamasqua's lipstick packaging is sleek and sophisticated. It comes in a square black glossy plastic tube. I have a penchant for black colored cases so I give the packaging 10 stars.


Climax is described as a matte dusty rose shade. The photos I've seen online did not give justice to the color. The swatches online seemed quite coral- ish to me.


It's actually a cool pink color. It's disappointing that the Sephora color description is inaccurate. Good thing, I was a sucker for rose colored lipsticks when I ordered this. If I weren't I would pass up on this lovely color! It can also pass of as a nude rose lipstick because of it's pastel color nature. Then Illamasqua has put this in a matte finish and the result is a stunning shade!


It doesn't make my teeth look garish and it is indeed a unique rose lipstick. It brightens up a face and it stands out without looking too unnatural.


The formulation is very creamy. It's like lotion on your lips. And since I've compared it to lotion, it didn't dry my lips AT ALL, just like what lotion does to skin. So hurrah for people with dry and chapped lips for this lipstick will save your day and will finally let you enjoy lipsticks.


Will I buy this again. without a doubt, YES! I'm planning to get a back- up of Climax and another color that's sort of similar to MAC's St. Germain, or another color that I don't know yet. :) :) :)


Illamasqua is LUURRRVEEE.... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment