Wednesday, November 25, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAC DAZZLEGLASS IN SUGARRIMMED

Here's an initial review on MAC DAZZLEGLASS IN SUGARRIMMED


PRICE: 1150PHP

PLACE BOUGHT: MAC GLORIETTA

OTHER LOCATIONS: MARIONNAUD, SM MALL OF ASIA; SHANGRI- LA MALL, ORTIGAS; POWERPLANT MALL, ROCKWELL, MAKATI CITY



THE VERDICT:


I'm not really a lipgloss fan. I used to love them. But I realized that I prefer the non- sticky texture of lipsticks over lipglosses. So I ended up selling all the lipglosses in my make up stash.


Our local MAC has been carrying the Magic, Mirth and Mischief make- up collection for some time now. I wasn't really interested because I am waiting for the Disney Villains collection. So one day, when I decided to purchase my Humid eyeshadow, I came across the Sugarrimmed Dazzleglass.


I'm not a lipgloss fan. So if I like a lipgloss, it must be very good (like what i've said in my mac and laura mercier haul post). 


Sugarrimmed is a repromote from the Dazzleglass collection. Dazzleglasses namely She-Zam and Like Venus are also part of the  Magic, Mirth and Mischief Collection. She-Zam is too silver for me, while Like Venus is too fuschia. There is also a cremesheen lipglass in Ever so Rich. I was eyeing Ever So Rich then I told myself that it would be a shame for this lipgloss to be worn on top of a lipstick because it's such a pretty milky pink- lilac color. And knowing myself, I always have to have my lipstick on my puckers. I decided to put on my Chanel Rouge Allure in Comedia and decided to top it with Sugarrimmed. And the result is absolutely fabulous.


The next day, I went back to MAC Glorietta to get Sugarrimmed. Since it's a very pretty color, I was kinda' expecting that it's already out of stock. And lady luck is on my side because there were around two stocks left. Glad that I was just in time to get my Sugarrimmed.


It's in a ginormous tube, so expect to get a run for your money. The tube is made of plastic glass so it looks really posh. I also love the brush applicator. I really hate the sponge tip applicators because they absorb and waste a good amount of lipgloss. So the packaging gets 10 stars from me.


Let's now go to the actual product. Sugarrimmed is a milky whitish- pink lipgloss with teal and white glitters.


Here's Sugarrimmed on my bare lips. It gives a nice sheer wash of whitish- pink color which makes the glitters look very noticeable. The glitters are so pretty! I love the fact that it doesn't look unnatural on my lips.


Nice eh? :)

Sugarrimmed on top of Chanel RA Comedia

Pretty eh? :)


Lipglosses are innately sticky. But what I like about the MAC lipglasses and dazzleglasses in general is their ability to melt on the lips while still providing shine. Although there's still some slick to it, it's not too bothersome at all. I'm really sensitive with the sticky factor so that's the reason why I never did love lipglosses.


Would I repurchase? Probably yes and no. I'd like to keep my lipgloss items at around 1-3 only. I'm afraid I might grow tired of 'em and end up selling 'em again. But as far as I'm concerned. pretty colors like Sugarrimmed really gets the best of me. And I'm confident enough to say that I'll find another lipgloss that I really like after a hundred more lipglosses that I'll be able to try. And when another perfect lipgloss comes my way, my tube of Sugarrimmed is already empty by that time. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment