Friday, November 27, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: LAURA MERCIER SECRET CONCEALER (3)

Here's an initial review on LAURA MERCIER SECRET CONCEALER IN 3


PRICE: 995PHP

PLACE BOUGHT: RUSTAN'S, MAKATI CITY

OTHER LOCATION: ALABANG TOWN CENTER; SHANGRI- LA MALL, ORTIGAS


THE VERDICT:


Some blogs claim that Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer is one of her must- haves in the brand line. People love it's consistency, concealing power and durability.



I'm such a sucker for reviews so you could say that it's what made me purchase the concealer.



Let''s go to the packaging. It's in a small pot in the classic glossy chocolate- brown colored packaging. It's pretty compact and lightweight. I give it 8 stars. Why? I really don't like covers that are completely detached from the jars because I have this curse of losing the covers. So imagine, if I lose the cover, this concealer will be definitely transferred. And I don't like that to happen.


So here's the concealer. It's in the shade 3, the darkest among the 3 shades. I don't like that the concealer range doesn't have that much shades to choose from. 1 is a pale white- yellow shade, 2 is a beige- yellow shade while 3 is a medium beige- yellow shade.


Here's my right eye without the concealer. look at those undereye circles. NASTY.


Here's my eye with the Laura Mercier concealer.


Let's go to the consistency. It's probably the creamiest concealers I've come across. It blends like a dream so you don't have to worry about tugging our sensitive undereye area during application. Layer it for as many times as you like and it just blends greatly.



Here are my undereyes with the LM Secret Concealer.


Let's go to the coverage. It's pretty impressive. Though I think this wouldn't work well because I think I need more yellow toned concealers, it just did a decent job in concealing my undereye circles.


Staying power is kinda' impressive. Why did say kinda'? I've noticed that during the day, it did not crease, which is a good thing. But I noticed that at the middle of the day, it's like I can see my dark circles (not too much, they're still a bit concealed). I don't know if the foundation has something to do with it or it's just that I should've gotten 2, which is the lighter shade. At first, the coverage seemed okay but at the middle of the day, I can see my dark circles. But don't worry. It's not as if I didn't put any concealer on. It's just that it did fade a bit during the day.


Will I buy this again? Probably not. There are not much shades to choose from. And I think the shade is too pink for me, since I have a stronger yellow undertone, though I have some pink tones on me. MAC is still my HG concealer. This concealer should be great, but it's just that I'm too dark for it, or it's not my match at all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment