Friday, November 13, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: BENEFIT SOME KIND- A GORGEOUS FOUNDATION (DEEP)

Here's an initial review on BENEFIT SOME KIND- A GORGEOUS (DEEP)

PRICE: 750PHP (ORIGINALLY RETAILS AT AROUND 2800+PHP)
PLACE BOUGHT: GIRLTALK
OTHER LOCATIONS: SEPHORA ONLINE; ONLINE RESELLERS; SALON IN EASTWOOD (THE NAME ESCAPES MY HEAD RIGHT NOW)

ON THE BOX: The Foundation faker. FAKE IT. Don't cake it with our shortcut to gorgeous

THE VERDICT:

Okay, so for the nth time, I'm going to repeat that I've been lemming for this, for almost two years. The price is kinda' prohibitive so that's why I've never gotten any. Benefit is waaay tooo overpriced here in the Philippines so I never dared getting anything from the brand. Thanks to online shopping, I managed to score a few great Benefit cosmetics deals.

Thank you sis Ana for selling me your brand new benefit some kind- a gorgeous at an ABSOLUTELY cheap price. :)

So let's now go to the actual product. Benefit has always been praised for their fancy and cute packaging that enables girl power and confidence in a woman's beauty. Match it with their non- conventional make- up tag lines plus their mannequin mascots equals a trademark that is significantly Benefit.

I love the old- record tape design of the foundation. And the box is cute too so I give the packaging 10 stars.

It may be a bit plumper than the studio fix's case but the plastic case is lightweight so this won't be too much of a burden to bring in your bag. However, the plastic material is kinda' cheap and I can almost feel that one drop can permanently detach the cover of the case. It comes with a puff, which I don't really need because I wouldn't want to waste a good amount of the product because the sponge will definitely absorb 50% of it.

So let's now go to the actual product. This is a cream to powder foundation. Check out the swatch. It's creamy and moist, which I like because it's less messy than liquid foundations. Another great characteristic, it's so lightweight and it blends in seconds! And the best part is, this foundation is oil- free.

Deep is the second and last shade of this foundation. The other one is light. You might think that you don't have much choices. But this foundation is soo sheer, it fits almost any skin tone, as promised by Benefit.

True enough, it did fit my skin tone. It looked hell scary on the pan because it looks like an NC50 but when I blended it evenly, it just disappeared into a sheer finish.

Here's my face without Some Kind- A Gorgeous. Sorry for the nasty marks hehe. :)

Here's my face with Some Kind- A Gorgeous. Check that my minor blemishes and bumps were covered. I give the coverage 10 stars because it managed to make my skin look flawless!


Check that it's a perfect match for my neck and face skin!


It's a cream to powder formula so I did not set it with powder. For reference, I have oily skin. And this foundation stayed put for four hours without any powder on top! So I give the staying power 15 stars :D.


If you sweat like hell, the foundation may have the tendency to run- off but setting it with powder can seal the foundation.


One MAJOR con of this product is the smell. I suspected that what I got is an expired product because the smell is totally pungent. It stings your nostrils with the chemical-ish scent quality.


Many people raved about this foundation but their major qualm is the smell. I hope Benefit does something about the scent because people will always find a better alternative.


If not for the small, it would be a perfect product for me. But I can withstand the smell and it fades once you apply it on your skin. The coverage and staying power mattered to me more so overall, I love this product! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment