Monday, December 28, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: GUCCI RUSH FOR WOMEN

THE VERDICT:

So this is a Christmas present by one of my ninangs. I am so glad that I finally have another perfume in my stash. And this time, it's from Gucci.

So let's see if this delights me or frights me.

I love the packaging. This is a sleek and compact 30ml bottle in a square plastic design. It will not spill, break or get crushed in your bag. It slips comfortably anywhere unlike big bottles with rounded or edged designs. So I give the packaging 10 stars.

Now let's go to the scent. Let's go to the gucci site and let us get the notes for this perfume:

Gucci Rush For Women is Floral, Semi-Oriental, Vanilla

Gucci Rush For Women is a sharp, oriental, woody fragrance. It is the result of the following top fragrance Notes: bergamot, peony and freesia. The middle notes are: violet, jasmine and carnation and the base of the fragrance is: orris sandalwood and vetiver

Gucci Rush For Women is recommended for romantic use

It is indeed SHARP! This is another scent that older women will love. But in terms of class, this perfume smells expensive, just like the staple whiff you get from designer brands like Chanel and Dior.

Okay so this one comes off strong on the first spray, which will really remind you of your mom. But it mellows down to a soft vanilla- floral scent which is a bit overpowering to some, including me. But it really does stay on for hours and one can truly say that you're wearing a perfume because of the strong smell. Another factor that made me not like this perfume is the vanilla scent. I like vanilla scented lippies but I really don't like it in perfume form. It really makes me light- headed and I really feel like puking. No offense to vanilla scent lovers! But this just goes to show that scent is a matter of preference.

But at least mom liked the perfume. I gave it to her as part of my Christmas present. As for me, I'm really better off with light floral colognes or perfumes with any undertones but Vanilla or anything sweet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment