Sunday, October 25, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAC MATTENE LIPSTICK IN NIGHT VIOLET FROM THE STYLE BLACK COLLECTION

Here's an initial review on my MAC MATTENE LIPSTICK IN NIGHT VIOLET FROM THE STYLE BLACK COLLECTION.

PRICE: 950PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: GLORIETTA
OTHER LOCATIONS: SHANGRI- LA MALL; POWERPLANT MALL, ROCKWELL

THE VERDICT:

I was really eyeing for this one but the Black Knight cremesheen is such a must- have. A black lipstick is such a unique item and it's perfect for my profession (Theater Actress here :)). I would've chosen the black cremesheen instead of this one. Midnight Media is also a black color but I love the Cremesheen texture of the black Knight. It's like wearing a patent black shoe on your lips! :p

Let's start with the packaging. It's slim and it'll fit anywhere without eating too much space but the rubberized texture of the packaging is a turn- off cos it gets dirty easily, just like Nars' powder blush and Firming Foundation packaging textures.

It reminded me of the Noirs Obscurs collection, But at a cheaper price. It's semi- mat so there's a bit of moisture left after it settles on your lips.

Here's a hand swatch. It's creamy, very pigmented and it has a lighter vanilla scent as compared to the regular lipsticks of MAC.

It's a lovely deep purple shade that really looks vampy and vintage. :) The only problem is, it's quite hard to wear since the color's kinda' hard to manipulate in terms of applying it. 
One con of this would be, it fades of easily and it looked like a gunk of mud on my lips after a few drinks and meals cos it settled on the lines. But at least, even if it's a matte lipstick, it never dried my lips. At all!

Now that's what I call Avant- garde, baby. :)

*What are your Style Black purchases? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment