Monday, October 19, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: BENEFIT CORALISTA POWDER BLUSH+FOTD

Here's an initial review on BENEFIT CORALISTA POWDER BLUSH.


PRICE: 52SGD (APPROX. 1560PHP)

PLACE BOUGHT: TANG'S, SINGAPORE

OTHER LOCATIONS: ONLINE RESELLERS


THE VERDICT:


Benefit Coralista has probably made waves after it's phenomenal release. It gives a lovely tropical glow like no other, and maybe because it's a big surprise after a few disappointing blushes from the brand.


First off, let's take a look at the packaging. I like the cheetah print that makes this a lovely make- up case accessory. It's quite bulky but I don't mind since I find the packaging pretty unique.


Secondly, it comes with a brush, which is so convenient, yet it feels scraggy and it might end up scratchy, which I don't like.


Let's now go to the product. It's a lovely coral blush with hints of silver shimmer. Btw, this is a scented blush. I find the fruity tropical scent unique and nice. It's not overpowering and it adds to the overall "tropical" effect of the powder.


Here's a swatch of the powder on my skin. I find that the pigment pay- off is not that good since I had to swipe it thrice on my skin so you could somehow see the color of the powder, which makes it no different from the not-so-good pigment pay- off of Nars' blush in Orgasm. I also think that the problem lies on my skin tone. I'm quite dark, so that's the reason why this powder is having a hard time showing up. And I'm pretty sure this will show up easily on Fair skinned ladies. But I also love that it's buildable so you could decide whether you just want a hint of coral or a splashin' flush of coral on your cheeks.


Here's the blush on my cheeks. Unlike Orgasm's coral with strong pink undertones, this one stayed true to the name. It is a true coral shade which gives your cheeks a hint of orange glow. It has no pink undertones at all. It's pure coral goodness! I've also noticed that it worked differently on my facial skin as opposed to my hand skin. It only took me two swipes to get the coral flush and I just swiped more to build the color, depending on how intense I want it to be. The shimmer is nice also. It gives my face a summery glow and a lovely sheen that is great in accentuating my tan.


Amazingly, the staying power is good. It did fade a bit for hours, but I still see a coral glow on my cheeks every chance I had to look in the mirror.


And I threw in a BEACH GODDESS FOTD for you guys. :) (And why is the blush ain't showing? I might've fondled with my camera settings again :p)


Overall, I like this powder. It's cute and I'm lovin' the smell. However, I would say that I wouldn't repurchase since I just tried it for the heck of trying it since they say it's one of the best blushes created. If there's one thing that I love, it's the true coral shade. But apart from that, there's nothing so special about this powder. But I'm pretty sure this will be of some significance to fair skinned women since it'll show up easily on them. After I empty this, I might get a Nars Orgasm or Torrid. Anything that can pass off as a coral blush.

0 comments:

Post a Comment