Monday, August 23, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAYBELLINE LIP AND EYE MAKE- UP REMOVER

Here's an initial review on MAYBELLINE LIP AND EYE MAKE- UP REMOVER


PRICE: 99PHP

PLACE BOUGHT: FIRST AID, GREENBELT 3, MAKATI CITY

OTHER LOCATIONS: MAYBELLINE COUNTERS IN ALL MALLS NATIONWIDE



THE VERDICT:


I'm kinda' tight on the budget as of the moment because I am still awaiting my paycheck from a previous play, and I am preparing myself for the Disney Venomous Villains Collections by MAC. As much as I want to buy a cleansing oil at least from Etude House, I can't because I have to budget my expenses. I badly need one because the current play that I'm in, which is Orosman at Zafira, requires a lot of face and body paint!


I hate using baby oil because it leaves my face greasy, even after washing it thoroughly with soap and water. I discovered this through a friend. On my first trial, it worked pretty well so I decided to use this as of the moment.


I was hoping to buy the 70ml bottle, but the Maybelline counter in First Aid only has the 40ml size. Since the show's about to close, I figured that this will last me until the end.


Let's now review this product.


Size is compact, so it fits anywhere, even in your make- up kit. So it's perfect to bring when you're traveling.


The consistency is oil and liquid. I am guessing that the liquid sorta' neutralizes the oil so it won't feel too greasy once applied. 2- 3 drops can remove a good amount of eye, and a bit of face make- up.


This make- up remover promised to remove even the toughest waterproof make- up. Let's see how this will work on my Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner, the toughest waterproof eyeliner there is!


Well, it did remove my eye make- up easily. But for the eyeliner, it required at least two cotton pads for each eye with the make- up remover. This just goes to show how tough Revlon's eyeliner is!


Sadly, it didn't remove the lipstick stains on my lips and face completely.


Overall, it's a good choice if you're on a budget or if you just want to buy a make- up remover for daily use. But professional make- up brands can be quite tough, so they require heavy duty make- up removers. For now, this will do because I can't afford to shell out some moolah for a more expensive (but better) one. For daily use, I will recommend this. Why not? It's cheap, and it works perfectly fine. But for professional use, I suggest you try cleansing oils.


**Maybelline Lip and Eye Make- Up Remover comes in a 40ml and 70ml bottle. It is opthalmologically and dermatologically tested.


0 comments:

Post a Comment