Wednesday, August 18, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: KENZO FLOWER EDP 100ML

Here's an initial review on KENZO FLOWER EDP 100ML

PRICE: GIVEN AS A GIFT (APPROXIMATELY 4000PHP+ IN MALLS)
PLACE BOUGHT: GIFT (CAN BE BOUGHT FROM MALLS AND http://leperfumerie.multiply.com)
OTHER LOCATIONS: ONLINE RETAILERS, BEAUTY BOUTIQUES, MALLS, Le Perfumerie: House of Scents



DESCRIPTION (taken from fragrancex.com)

Kenzo Flower perfume by Kenzo, Flower is a contemporary fragrance for the modern, city woman who looks to nature for inspiration and renewal. Flower by kenzo. A flower in the city. Wild hawthorne, bulgarian rose, parma violet, cassia, hedione, cyclosal, opoponax, white musk, vanilla.

THE VERDICT:

Kenzo Flower is part of the roster of my favorite perfumes. I love floral- scented perfumes that's why it's in my list. It's perfect for night occasions due to its strong scent. It can be a bit too overwhelming if you put too much, but it smells beautiful if you put just the right amount.

Flower by Kenzo is indeed, a floral scent. No fruity, spicy, or tangy hints involved. It is a fusion of flowers that you can associate with romance, which makes this perfume smell romantic. It's not a summer scent though because there's a certain warmth with the fragrance.

At first spray, I can smell the fusion of flowers (I don't want to sound assuming so I just collectively addressed the floral extracts used in this perfume. I don't even know what hedione, opoponax, and cassia smell and look like! :D) The bulgarian rose is the dominating floral scent. Then shortly, the musk starts settling so as to tame down the florals. I can't quite smell the vanilla in it because it's floral. Period.

Interestingly, though the sillage of this perfume is high, it managed to stay the whole day, at least on me. Maybe it works with my body chemistry as well. Whenever I am wearing this scent, I only need to spray again once. Or twice, if I feel like it.

The bottle is pretty. It gives you an imagery of a plain ol' vase with a dainty flower in it. But unfortunately, this is quite a pain in the a$$ to bring because the bottle is as big as a vase! No kidding! If you could only see this bottle in actual, you'd really say that "Boy, that's a H-U-G-E bottle!". Methinks that this is a special edition size. As far as I can remember, the 100ml is not as ginormous as this one!

If you love floral scents, I suggest you try Kenzo Flower. It smells feminine, beautiful, and sophisticated. It doesn't smell like your average floral perfume with cheap- smelling flowers in it. So far, it's one of the unique- smelling floral perfumes I've ever owned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment