Sunday, April 11, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: NYX EYESHADOW TRIO IN PURPLE/DEEP PURPLE/PRUNE+ EOTD: GRAPE SHAKE

Here's an initial review on NYX EYESHADOW TRIO IN PURPLE/DEEP PURPLE/PRUNE


PRICE: 250PHP

PLACE BOUGHT: SOMERA, GLORIETTA 5

OTHER LOCATIONS: NYX MULTIPLY DEALERS


THE VERDICT:


'Tis my first time to try NYX's eyeshadows. I was kinda' hesitant to try 'em before because I believe that I should spend for eyeshadows because expensive ones really have good quality. Perhaps it is because of some bad encounters with cheap eyeshadows that fall out, crease, smudge, and change color when applied on the lids. So instead of spending too much in finding good yet cheap eyeshadows, I decided to settle for the best ones.  I learned my lesson. The money I've wasted on cheap ones, when summed up, can buy me a pan from good brands like MAC or Laura Mercier.


This is just a gift from mom. She said that she got me this since I'm into theatre and this will come handy someday (how sweet!)


So let's review the packaging.


The small mirror on top which enables you to see the shades is pretty convenient. That way, you wouldn't up purchasing the wrong palette, or a palette that you will not like, and will end up not using. It also comes with a sponge tip applicator.


Well, the trio palette has no fancy name whatsoever. It's straight to the point. :P


Here's a picture with the swatches of the shades without an eye primer.


Boy, these eyeshadows are pretty good! The texture is buttery and it applies and blends like a dream! When applied atop an eye primer, I'm pretty sure that the colors will be bolder and more vibrant.


Here's an EOTD using the NYX eyeshadow trio. Nice pigmentation eh?

STUFF USED:


NYX EYESHADOW TRIO (PURPLE/DEEP PURPLE/PRUNE)

WET N' WILD MEGA EYES CREAM TO POWDER EYESHADOW (WILD ORCHID)

EVER BILENA PENCIL EYELINER (BLACK)

MAC EYESHADOW (RICEPAPER)

MAYBELLINE THE COLOSSAL MASCARA (BLACK)

To sum up, the eyeshadows' texture and quality can be compared to MAC's. And for those beauties on a budget, instead of buying cheap palettes that may be similar to the price range of NYX eyeshadows and palettes, I suggest go for NYX. Cheap, but definitely outstanding.

0 comments:

Post a Comment