Monday, April 12, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAC VIVA GLAM VI IN CYNDI

Here's an initial review on MAC VIVA GLAM VI LIPSTICK IN CYNDI


PRICE: 950PHP

PLACE BOUGHT: MAC, POWERPLANT MALL, ROCKWELL, MAKATI CITY

OTHER LOCATIONS: MAC MARIONNAUD, SM MALL OF ASIA; RUSTAN'S MAKATI; RUSTAN'S SHANGRI- LA MALL, ORTIGAS, MANDALUYONG CITY


THE VERDICT:


I really had no plans of buying any of the Viva Glam lippies but when I swatched VVG Cyndi, I knew I had to get it.


While girls are going gaga over VVG Gaga, I'm going Loca over VVG Cyndi!


Here are a few reasons why I love Cyndi.


Cyndi is in the Lustre variant, probably one of the most moisturizing lipstick variants next to Cremesheen (which is the first for me). It can go from sheer to heavy coverage. Just layer it to achieve your desired coverage.


In Lady Gaga and Cyndi Lauper's ad, the lipstick appeared red on Cyndi. In reality, Cyndi is not your ordinary red lipstick. It's definitely not red to me! I can't quite describe the color because this borders on the pink and red color. So for reference, the color is that of a fresh Tuna Sashimi! LOL. :p


Look! Cyndi Lauper's signature on the tube. Oh, cyndi, she just wanna have fun! :)


While other blogs would claim this as a cherry red shade, it appeared more of a warm pink with a red undertone shade on me. Maybe the color pay- off depends on whatever skin tone you're in.


I love lipsticks in warm pink colors. And the color of Cyndi is just too pretty to pass up!


Staying power of the Lustre variants are so-so 'cos of the wet texture. But heck do I care! I am in love with the color! In fact, I find myself trying this on even when I'm just at home!


I am seriously considering repurchasing after I empty this one. After all, the VVGs are part of the permanent line, so I don't have to fret.


I broke my no- buy mode with this VVG purchase. But what's my consolation? Every penny from the sales of the VVG lipsticks go to charities that help people and countries who/that are seriously affected with HIV and AIDS. Looking pretty never looked this good, and felt this good. :)


Here's hubby and I (wearing the Cyndi lippie) before our 33rd monthsary dinner date. Hahaha. ;P

0 comments:

Post a Comment