Sunday, April 25, 2010

LAIYA LOVIN' (PICTURE HEAVY)

If you're planning for a weekend getaway sans the hassle of booking flights and shelling out a hefty amount of cash, Laiya should come to mind.

Let me tell you (and convince you) why Laiya is a must- go place for beach lovers like me.

Laiya is in the city of Batangas. It's a 3-hr. drive from Manila. The tip is to leave early so you won't catch traffic, especially in the major towns of Batangas. The roads in the major towns are quite small and are traffic- prone. And if you get there at around 10am, you still have time to rest before dipping in the crystal clear waters and before you bask in the white sand.

The place we stayed in is called BALAI SA LAIYA. It's one of the cheapest resorts in the area. But cheap doesn't mean dirty or 'jologs' (I'm sorry, I can't think of a better term).

Balai sa Laiya is a good place for honeymooners due to the quietness of the place. Most of the people who are staying there are also couples, and some families who prefer a quiet stay in Laiya.

Don't fret, Balai sa Laiya is definitely budget- friendly. I also love bargain deals because I'm still a student living on allowance. Each room can accommodate two people. Hubby and I paid 2050 each for the food and the room. They don't offer ala carte foods 'cos you actually pay for the set meals. And the meals are in the buffet- style. The food there is actually good! :)

And if you want to drink or if you're looking for a place for ala carte menus, Its neighboring resort, Acuatico, accommodates visitors who just want to dine or drink.

Let me share to you pictures of my piece of heaven last week in Laiya

Here's a nice shot of the beach. Laiya boasts of its crystal blue waters, white sand, and budget- friendly resorts!

THE TANNING BED!!!!! :P

He really did prepare for the beach trip. Check out his washboard abs. :P

Wow. Didn't expect that Laiya is THIS good. :)

I love this shot, courtesy of hubby. :)

Here's hubby. Super happy that finally, he'll be able to get a nice tan. :)

ACUATICO RESORT- One of the newest resorts in the area. Their place boasts of luxurious duplex type houses in a modern style. Price is pretty steep, but the place is worth it. Definitely a place to stay in if you're going to Laiya with your family. Other bets for a family trip would be Blue Coral or La Luz.

The infinity pool of Acuatico Resort. Dayum. Hubby and I were eating our merienda here. I so wanted to dip in a pool. Too bad, our resort doesn't have any. It makes me wanna jump in it!

Yah. We're corny. But may I just tell you, you're corny when you're in love. :p

Having fun in ze beach! (Plus another couple) :)

Tanning myself. :) I can't wait for the next theatre season! :)

WHERE DID YOU GO OR WHERE DO YOU PLAN TO GO ON YOUR SUMMER GETAWAY?


0 comments:

Post a Comment