Thursday, April 22, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAC LIPSTICK IN BLOOMING LOVELY (LIBERTY OF LONDON COLLECTION)

Here's an initial review on MAC LIPSTICK IN BLOOMING LOVELY (LIBERTY OF LONDON COLLECTION)


PRICE: 950PHP

PLACE BOUGHT: FROM A SWAP

OTHER LOCATIONS: MAC BOUTIQUES: GLORIETTA, SHANGRI-LA, MARIONNAUD SM MALL OF ASIA, POWERPLANT MALL, ROCKWELL


THE VERDICT:


I tried this lippie on when I visited MAC Glorietta to pick up my Petals and Peacocks. I was almost tempted to buy it along with Ever Hip but decided not to because I've been spending a lot lately. Time to replenish my savings because it's going below than my standard amount ever since I started being addicted to make- ups again.


I actually missed my Lavender Whip lippie which is the reason why I was itching to get a Blooming Lovely. And the heavens heard my silent longing, and Ms. Dinna, an avid blog reader was sent by the heavens to fulfill my desire. She offered me her Blooming Lovely in exchange of a hot pink lippie. But I have no more hot pink lippies because I've sold my Schiap, and I am madly in love with my  Petals and Peacocks. But good thing, she decided to get Stars 'N Rockets in exchange of Blooming Lovely. And I'm so happy that she liked it so much.


Please refer to the Petals and Peacock review for the review on the packaging.


Blooming Lovely is a creamy lipstick. It glides on smoothly, and is non- drying. The color is lilac with gray undertones, which makes this a violet nude lippie.


The reason why I was tempted to get this when I tried this on is because, it looked nice on me when I was in the store. Well, artificial lighting enlightens your face and the colors differently, But natural lighting can be such a bitch.


I hate to rain on the Blooming Lovely junkies' parade, but I would like to say with conviction that this is one helluva ugly lipstick.


The gray undertone made the color look really bad. It's the kind of color that would look good on bags, but not on the lips. Oh yeah, and on shoes too. In fact, this shade won't even look good as an eye liner!


I would choose my Lavender Whip lippie anytime over this, despite the fact that Lavender Whip is quite one tough color to pull off. Blooming lovely made me look like a corpse (which is the reason why Ms.Dinna gave this away). I had a deeper tan from my beach trip, which made the color stand out a bit. But the color just looks lifeless and tasteless. Methinks that this is better off to use in costume parties (particularly halloween) or avant- garde make- up looks. But it will really raise eyebrows if you wear this on a daily basis.


Here's my FOTD, CORPSE BRIDE. :P

One more thing, it makes my teeth look garish and yellowish!


Hubby told me that it looks okay, but it's not really a good color. Oh I have to love my hubby for being nice, but this color appears too off, no matter how hard I think that this shade might have a potential.


Oh well, there you go buried in my stash Blooming Lovely. But if you really like it, and have read this review prior to purchasing it, I suggest that you still get it. We all have different tastes and skin colors, so whatever that didn't work for me, might work for you. On the other hand, this color might work on fair- skinned ladies. But for morenas or tanned ladies like me, it's a disaster.


0 comments:

Post a Comment