Friday, June 11, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: Z.E.N. ORGANICS HERBAL EYE CREAM SAMPAGUITA

Here's an initial review on Z.E.N. ORGANICS SAMPAGUITA HERBAL EYE CREAM


PRICE: 120PHP

PLACE BOUGHT: http://zenorganics.multiply.com

OTHER LOCATIONS: Resellers; SM Makati (Z.E.N. kiosk); Echo Store


THE VERDICT:


Okay, If some of my readers can recall, I've said that I am slowly trying to make the switch to Organic products.


I've chosen to replace my eye creams with organic ones. Well, I don't really use an eye cream on a regular basis. But since it's essential, I decided to try using one, and bought ZEN Organic's Sampaguita eye cream.


It is made of extra virgin olive oil, sampaguita oil essence, and an herbal lotion base.


I was so surprised that it came in a puny jar. The jar's size was as big as the old 2- peso coin.


Since a little goes a long way, you wouldn't really need much. The lotion is spreadable, dries quickly, and is absorbed well by the skin. Keeps the eyes moisturized and soft after use.


But I am going to rant about this product. As in major rant.


After a 2- 3 weeks of usage, I've noticed that my left under eye skin was feeling a bit itchy. I thought that it might be caused sun sensitivity or some allergic reaction to dogs, dirty environment, pollution, etc.


But as far as I can remember, I do not have sensitive skin. I even spend a week to a month without wearing any sunscreen at all and I'm not experiencing any negative skin conditions. I even commute via EDSA, so I could pretty much say that it wasn't caused by pollution. So I was really wondering what caused the irritation.


I continued using the eye cream as part of my daily routine, hoping that it will help alleviate the itchiness.


And the itchy part turned rough, then it developed into a nasty, hell itchy, and reddish patch on my skin. There were about 3- 4 patches.


I am sooo disappointed! I'd rather have a bruise on my knee than a pimple or small patches on my face! Yup, call me vain, but I value my face so much. I think that there is no question to that. Hubby would even notice that my concealer is caking and it looked weird.


I stopped using the eye cream for a week and I noticed that the red patches started healing on its own.


I concluded that the eye cream caused the irritation.


SoI gave the eye cream away, and vowed never to purchase anything from Z.E.N. organics again. Well, I might swallow what I said, but as far as I'm concerned, my first two products, this and the mosquito repellent were major disappointments!


I've realized that even in organic or chemical- free products, it still boils down to perfect skin chemistry. Well, I've been using creams on my eyes. This is not the first time. But the fact that it's organic, should mean that this should be safe, or at least, less harmful. My first eye cream, which is laden with chemicals didn't give me any under eye irritation at all! Maybe it's my skin adjusting to the cream, or there's something wrong with the product. Whatever that is, I'm not interested to know anymore. What matters is that the red patches are gone. Period!


0 comments:

Post a Comment