Saturday, June 26, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAC MINERALIZE SKINFINISH SPF 15 FOUNDATION IN NC40

Here's an initial review on MAC Mineralize Skinfinish foundation in NC40

PRICE: (APPROXIMATELY 1800PHP+ PLUS MISC. FEES)

PLACE BOUGHT: MAC ONLINE

OTHER LOCATIONS: INTERNATIONAL MAC STORES. THIS ONE IS NOT AVAILABLE IN THE PHILIPPINES

THE VERDICT:

I've tried MAC's Studio Tech foundation and I was quite impressed. And for my second MAC foundation, I'm trying Mineralize skinfinish. Unfortunately, it's unavailable here, and it will not be released here as well. So for my next purchase via Shally Mateo's pre- ordering pool, I got myself MAC's latest foundation, Mineralize Skinfinish with SPF 15. I love MAC's mineralize line because I love how it gives me a flawless and glowing look.

Let's now review the product.

The packaging is the same as Studio Tech. Bulky, but lightweight. It also comes with a MAC sponge underneath. I don't really use the sponge because I prefer applying foundation with my fingers. The top is also covered with a foil just like Studio Tech, to help preserve the freshness and quality of the foundation.


Has a free sponge, which I don't use because I prefer using my fingers in applying foundation.

Consistency is smooth and whipped. It glides on easily. It is also very pigmented. A little goes a long way. It is also buildable.

It's just like you're wearing your second skin. Coverage is sheer, yet it manages to neutralize some marks. It is also easily absorbed into the skin, and it leaves a dewy matte finish.

It's unscented, so it's good for those who don't like perfumed face products.

Staying power is good. It stays put the whole day, and it doesn't run off nor melt. It just stays put. However, oily skinned people might need a mattifying powder in hand, as this can induce face oil a bit especially in humid temperature and conditions.

I bought a shade lighter than my skin tone. My skin match in MAC's shading is NC42. But I've read from a blog that the shades of the MSF foundation are a shade darker when compared to the studio fix powders. The whipped consistency may have something to do with it. Besides, I've turned 2 shades darker last summer. But my skin will lighten up in no time. But since this gives a sheer coverage, I've no problem with the shade. I can apply it lightly, or build it up.

I've no plans of buying this again. It's not that it's not good. I just tried it because I'm interested in it. And knowing myself, I would crave for another brand. But I'm happy with this foundation. And it's my IT foundation as of the moment. I use it alternately with my beloved Bobbi Brown skin foundation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment