Thursday, March 25, 2010

PRODUCT REVIEW: SOAP AND GLORY MIST YOU MADLY BODY MIST

Here's an initial review on SOAP AND GLORY MIST YOU MADLY Body mist.

PRICE: ? (6 POUNDS IN THEIR OFFICIAL WEBSITE)
PLACE BOUGHT: BOOTS, THAILAND
OTHER LOCATIONS: HARVEY NICHOLS; SOAP AND GLORY ONLINE

SITE DESCRIPTION (TAKEN FROM SOAPANDGLORYCOSMETICS.COM):

A flirty, floral, fragrant body spray featuring notes of Bergamot, Blackcurrant, Magnolia, Freesia, Vanilla and Musk.

How do you do, it?
Spritz Mist You Madly™ on whenever you need a flash of fabulousness.

Mist Demeanor
Application of this mist may bestow the wearer with a newfound and haughty kind of self-confidence, triggering uncontainable fits of flirtatiousness. Mist at your own risk.

THE VERDICT:

I've been reading wonderful stuff about Soap and Glory products. So when I saw this from mom's get-whatever-you-like pasalubong bag from her trip to Thailand, I instantly reached for this one though it was a heartbreaking decision for her 'cos she said she likes the scent. But we could share this anytime. :)

Mist You is indeed a fun and flirty fragrance. The Freesia and Vanilla notes are dominant in the first spritz. It actually reminds me of a smell of a familiar perfume or cologne though. But heck! The packaging's all worth it!

I love the vintage print and style of Soap and Glory. It brings me back to the era of pin- up girls, silent films, Greta Garbo, Louise Brooks, Marilyn Monroe and the likes. Soap and Glory is all about the sweet vintage girl that's innately flirtatious and fun! And I'm one of them! :p

And the bottle is huge so you do get a lot for what you paid for.

But one major bummer is the staying power. My body chemistry may be partly to blame for this but this cologne lasts only for an hour or two. Victoria's Secret and Bath and Body Works' staying power are much better than this one. It leaves a scent but you can't notice it until you smell it closely.

Overall, I love the scent. It's an instant pick- me- up scent after showering. It settles to a fruity, floral scent with a hint of musk for that sexy appeal.

I'm craving for more Soap and Glory products! I actually want their other body mist which is Glam-A-Lot. If Mist You is for the extrovert, maybe Glam-A-Lot is for the introvert.

0 comments:

Post a Comment