Sunday, March 28, 2010

HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL IN FAITH

The Lenten season is coming. And I've always felt that there's a certain quietness everywhere whenever this season of reflecting and sacrifice is about to come. Just like Christmas. You know when its Christmas time because the air is chilly and the aura of the people and the surroundings are happy and lively.


I was in The Fort High Street with my mother, our house helper Gina, and Duke the Beagle. There's this event which is in accordance to the Lenten season. It's a ministry that organized an event which focuses on the different sacrifices that an individual has to offer during the Lenten season. It's in a "Station of the Cross" kind of structure. Actually, the actual titles of the Stations of the cross were used and were given different interpretations and meanings. There are 14 stations where each station reminds you of how Jesus Christ gave up his life for mankind, his teachings, and how we can embody his examples in our own ways. Per station requires an ACT, or a sort of reflection that helps you understand better the meaning and parallelism of a particular event in Jesus' way to the cross, with our own lives.


I've came across this station and what caught my attention was the tall structure made of wooden pillars, and nylon strings were horizontally attached in between the pillars. There were white notepads with different writings hanging on the strings.


This station is about Jesus' resurrection. And this is the ACT that this station is telling you to do. It asks you: WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU DID SOMETHING FOR SOMEONE?



I've always liked gimmicks where you have to write on something. My love for writing may be the reason why I am blogging. Be it a wall, a notepad, a shirt, etc. It just feels so good to be able to jot your thoughts and inspirations at the moment, and being able to reminisce them after a few years when you flip through the pages of your journal. I'm no writer. I don't know how to write poems, songs, novels, or plays. I just write whatever I want to write. It is one of the greatest expressions for me, apart from acting and singing. The importance of writing for me is like a photograph. Whatever idea, word, or phrase that comes out of your mouth should be recorded for when it is lost, it may not come again. Writing for me is creating a piece of history. It is in fact the basis of the histories that we know now! It doesn't matter if my own piece of history may not go as far as the next country, the next continent, or even the universe. It is enough for me to know that there is always something that will remind me of the past, and how it affected the present and how it can help me in the future.


Anyway, the notepads served as little prayer papers. You write whatever and whoever you want to thank, forgive, pray for, and hope for.


I hung two notepads by the way. One for my family, and one for me and my hubby.


The hearts symbolize my eternal love and never ending thanksgiving to my family, and even my dogs, who would always cheer me up with a wagging tail or a lick on the face. Without them, I wouldn't be here. Without them, I wouldn't know what I know now. I don't have a perfect family. In fact, I've always wondered what it's like to have a perfect one. But the imperfection has made me realize that perfection is not necessarily the way to happiness. The imperfections that my family has have made me realize and appreciate every little blessing. The imperfections are there to make the perfect moments sweeter. And that's what I've learned to embrace now. Spring time is more fulfilling when you've been through the toughest storms. And it keeps you looking forward to the next spring after the upcoming storms.


I've always thought that I will never find a soul mate. I've never believed in it either. I don't know if my strong personality factors in, but as far as I'm concerned, I've always felt that I'm better off alone. 

And then I met Randy. The sweet gentleman who finally tamed the wild and liberated Martha. After the first kiss, everything else is history, and we're now getting married in 5 years. :)


So I guess it is true that you will really meet your match one day.And when God has decided that Randy is my match, well, all I can say is THANK YOU GOD FOR MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICE!


I've never felt giving my life to someone. So the high school-ish and cheesy Randy loves Martha scribble just means that we will always be one forever.


My two notepads, along with the hundreds more hanging on the strings are all prayers and petitions for others, and by others. It is also a comfort to know that people are still united under one belief: That prayer is hope, and God provides the answer. And it is also good to know that even though the world is filled with anger, pain, and selfishness, there are still people out there who are willing to sacrifice.


I am glad that before I lay to sleep, hope springs eternal from within me. There is still hope for humankind.



Have a great week guys. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment