Monday, March 22, 2010

BEAUTY BATTLES: PINK LIPSTICKS

For this edition of BEAUTY BATTLES, Let's look at PINK LIPSTICKS.

I have three good brands of Pink Lipstick


ILLAMASQUA MATTE LIPSTICK (CLIMAX)

KRYOLAN MATTE LIPSTICK (LCF04)

ANNA SUI ROUGE M (350)

CHANEL ROUGE ALLURE (COMEDIA 74)


I've always had this love for pink lipsticks. Pink is my go- to color for a fresh and pretty look on a daily basis.


L-R: Illamasqua, Kryolan, Anna Sui, Chanel

Here's a swatch photo of the 4 brands compared side by side:

L- R: Illamasqua's Climax; Chanel's Comedia, Kryolan's LCF04, and Anna Sui's 350

Illamasqua
- It's the only matte lipstick that didn't dry my lips out. This is probably the most unique pink color that I've ever seen. It's a cool- toned medium pink that is not too dark nor too light. It also makes teeth look white! It has a waxy smell and taste though, but I've gotten used to it because I'm in love with the product so much. This retails at $20 and is unfortunately unavailable in the Philippines.
THE BEAUTY JUNKEE'S SCORE CARD: 9

CHANEL
- Chanel has been known for their exquisite lipstick color selection (at least in my opinion). They also do have a lot of unique shades. Most lippies are in the glossy and satin formulation. Comedia is part of the Venice collection and when I've swatched it on my lips, it's the only candy pink color I've liked! I'm not partial to candy pinks 'cos they make my teeth look garish but Comedia's too good to pass up! Unfortunately, Comedia is out of stock when I asked the SAs from the ATC, Makati, and Shangri- La branch. And they don't know if they will re-stock again since it's part of a collection. But abroad, this is part of the permanent line. This baby is truly a gem of an item. Packaging is sleek and convenient. No need to worry about losing your cap because of the cap lock system. A great item always come at an expensive price tag. And this one is no exception. And if you like it too much, you'll use it up too quickly. That's why I seldom reach for this because I got mine from the States!
THE BEAUTY JUNKEE'S SCORE CARD: 10

KRYOLAN
- And I thought that Illamasqua is the only matte lipstick brand that has never dried my lips out until Kryolan came along. LCF04 is a lovely nude mauve pink lipstick. It's the kind of lipstick that Nyx or any other drugstore brand can reproduce but the difference lies in the quality. Kryolan's lipstick has good staying power and pigmentation. However, just like Illamasqua, it has a waxy smell and taste. But it goes off after a few seconds. And did I mention that this product is only 600php? Yep. Ya read it right. 600php for the quality of great lipsticks. Kryolan, you never fail to impress me!
THE BEAUTY JUNKEE'S SCORE CARD: 10

ANNA SUI
- The seductive allure of Anna Sui's packaging just draws me in every time I see it online. And when I had the chance to see it in actual, I was like in fairytale heaven! If there's one beauty item that has excellent packaging, it would be Anna Sui for me. 350 is a lovely pink shade with a coral undertone. Color is dupeable by other brands. Rouge M is a matte-but-not-matte-at-the-same-time lipstick. It has a satin feel, but with a matte finish. It also has this divine rose scent that I really love. It does stay long too, but it does make my lips crack a bit but is completely tolerable, unlike MAC's matte lipsticks.
THE BEAUTY JUNKEE'S SCORE CARD: 8

SO FOR THIS EDITION OF BEAUTY BATTLES, THE WINNER IS:
ILLAMASQUA
- BECAUSE IT'S THE LIPSTICK THAT I ALWAYS REACH OUT FOR IN MY STASH. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment