Friday, January 1, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: LAURA MERCIER MINERAL PRESSED POWDER IN NATURAL BEIGE


Here's an initial review on LAURA MERCIER MINERAL PRESSED POWDER IN NATURAL BEIGE

PRICE: 1450PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: RUSTANS, MAKATI CITY
OTHER LOCATIONS: RUSTANS ESSENCES, ALABANG TOWN CENTER; RUSTANS, SHAGRI- LA MALL, ORTIGAS, MANDALUYONG CITY

THE VERDICT:

So I got this as one of mom's Christmas presents. I decided to give Laura Mercier a try since a lot have been raving about their flawless face kit. Besides, I wanted to explore different brands as well.

This powder is from the Mineral product line of Laura Mercier. It also comes in their flawless face kit. This pressed powder also comes in the loose form, with exactly the same shades as the ones in the pressed form.

The shade I got is Natural Beige. It is Laura Mercier's darkest powder shade in the Mineral line. 

When I tried this on the counter, it perfectly blended on my skin and it even matched my jawline and neck so that's the reason why I got this because I thought that it is exactly my shade match.

Well, natural lighting can be such a bitch.

Hmmm. Pwede na rin!

I actually think that this is too rosy for my skintone, so in effect, it looks a bit whiter than my shade. It can be compared to MAC's NC40. So to remedy this, I apply it lightly and sparingly on my face in a circular motion so as to somehow create an airbrushed effect.

It does control oil from 2- 3 hours. But I notice that it gets really greasy because I only apply it sparingly so that's why I couldn't maximize its effectiveness. It could really be effective, you know? Since the SA told me that it controls oils. But I don't wanna end up looking too white so I can't layer the powder over my face, especially since it does give off a very pigmented coverage.

Will I buy this again? No. Laura Mercier's selection  are apt for mestizas because of the pink undertones. I'll prolly get MAC and stick with it since it has NC42, which is my perfect shade match. I'm thinking of selling this but since it's mom's Christmas gift and I decided to get it anyway, I'd have to suffer the consequences. :p

0 comments:

Post a Comment