Friday, January 22, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MISS DIOR CHERIE L'EAU EAU DE TOILETTE

Here’s an initial review on MISS DIOR CHERIE L’EAU

PRICE: 1300PHP (MY SELLING PRICE ALREADY)

PLACE BOUGHT: LE PERFUMERIE :)

OTHER LOCATIONS: RUSTANS MALLS

THE VERDICT:

I’ve been lemming so much for the original Miss Dior Cherie, but my supplier phased it out from their stocks already and started bringing in the newest look and formula of Miss Dior Cherie, which is L’eau. I asked and pleaded that they bring the old MDC back because it smelled sooo lovely!

I’ve fallen in love with Miss Dior Cherie upon trying it in Rustans. It’s the perfect marriage of floral and fruits in a perfume. Not too sweet and not too floral. I haven’t got the chance to try MDC L’Eau. My supplier told me that I should try the new one since its one of their best- sellers, and they only have a few stocks left. Since I’m loving Dior Perfumes as of the moment (I hope they have Miss Dior!), I got MDC L’Eau in lieu of the original MDC.

Let’s criticize the packaging. Packaging is very cute and feminine. It’s one of those stereotype bottles that you can find in dressers of uber feminine girls. And I don’t find it cheesy. I love everything girly. My only qualm about the packaging is the ribbon design. As much as I find it cute because it amps up the girly appeal of the bottle, I’m afraid that the edge of the ribbon design will snap if ever I accidentally sit or step on my bag.

Anyhoo, let’s now go to the actual product. A little bit of background: Miss Dior Cherie in 2005. Then it evolved into different formulations yet with the same packaging and iconic ribbon design:

Miss Dior Chérie Eau de Parfum 2005,

Miss Dior Chérie Eau de Toilette 2007,

Miss Dior Chérie Eau de Printemps 2008(limited edition),

Miss Dior Chérie Blooming Bouquet2008(exclusive aimed at the Asian market)

Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau 2009.

Vogue. UK describes MDC L’Eau as:

Miss Dior Chérie L'Eau as "a sparkling and distinctive floral scent blended with notes of tangy yet spicy bitter orange, Gardenia and white musks that aims to sum up the certain 'je ne sais quoi' of the ultimate French girl. Pretty in every detail - down to the bottle's iconic bow - this lighter, François Demachy-designed adaptation of the original perfectly fits a long-standing perfume brief from Christian Dior himself, "Faites-moi un parfum qui sente l'amour" (make me a fragrance which smells of love)."

If you’re game for cottony and powdery scents, then this is perfect for you! The first time I sprayed this on, it reminded me of clean, white sheets, white linen dress, and a lovely spring day overlooking the daffodil fields with the fresh wind blowing through the sheer curtains. It’s a clean scent that’s perfect for daywear. Although some might find this too strong at first because of the bitter orange extract. At first spray, you can smell the bitter orange accord, then after a few seconds, the gardenia starts to settle with the bitter orange scent, which I think is the strongest whiff that you’ll get from this scent. Then it fades off and finally settles to a powdery, floral, and musky scent that smells so clean, fresh, and youthful.

I’m not partial to powdery scents because they tend to smell like deodorant sometimes. But this just drew me in! It’s the perfect powder scented perfume. Doesn’t smell like cheap, supermarket baby powder at all.

Some say that this is the same as the old MDC but I beg to disagree. This smells musky and the former is more on the fruity side.

Will I buy this again? Of course! I might make this as my HG perfume next to Eclat D’ Arpege by Lanvin. It’s a break from the light floral scent. If I want something fresh, feminine, and young, I’ll spritz some of MDC L’Eau on. But I hope my supplier brings in the original MDC because it’s the only fruity perfume that I can stand and have loved. The original MDC is still on sale in Rustans but there’s no way I’m shelling 5k for a perfume. It’s too much! MDC L’Eau also retails at around 5k. Get the authentic Singapore original perfume version for 1300php only.

MY WEEKLY UPDATE ON MY SINGAPORE- MANUFACTURED PERFUMES TEST AND EXPERIMENTATION

UPDATE 1:

I’ve been testing the Singapore- manufactured perfumes lately before selling out in the market. I’ve been wearing Versace Bright Crystals for two weeks now. Hubby loves it so much. VBC actually retails at 4k+ in Rustans and is always out of stock. I brought my Singapore – manufactured perfume version of VBC to Rustans ATC and compared it with the “US- manufactured Versions” sold there (which is most of the time sold in boutiques in our country). There’s absolutely no difference at all! It smelled 99% exactly the same as the ones sold in malls! Why did I say 99%? Because the Singapore manufactured perfumes has lesser oil content as compared to the US- manufactured versions that’s why the US versions smell stronger. But in terms of smell, there’s completely no difference at all!

UPDATE 2:

VBC lasted at around half a day on me, which is the staying power of my Lanvin perfume.

UPDATE 3:

I’ve also brought Escada Moon Sparkle for Women in Rustans, Makati and again, smell is 99% exactly the same! Refer to the first update regarding why I said that it’s 99% exactly the same.

THERE YOU GO! WILL CONDUCT MORE TESTS BEFORE BRINGING THESE CHEAP TREASURES TO MY DEAR READERS AND AVID BUYERS!

0 comments:

Post a Comment