Sunday, January 17, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: SAIZEN CHARCOAL FACE MASK

Here's an initial review on SAIZEN BLACK CHARCOAL FACE MASK

PRICE: AROUND 88PHP (?)
PLACE BOUGHT: PART OF A LOOT
OTHER LOCATIONS: SAIZEN STORE, ROBINSON'S GALLERIA, ORTIGAS, MANDALUYONG CITY

THE VERDICT:

This is one of the much- raved about products of the year 2009. It was sold- out always in Saizen and this even started the Saizen thread in Girltalk.

I wasn't really into the hype. First and foremost, it's a peel- off mask, which I totally hate.

I never knew that this comes with the Smith's Rosebud Salve that I purchased.

So here's my take on this famous product.

Tube is nice, but I hate the fact that I can't understand a thing at all because all the descriptions at the back of the tube are in Japanese. It's both a blessing and a curse. It's a blessing because what you don't know won't hurt you and it's a curse when the effects finally take place on your skin (this goes to the gals with sensitive skin out there).

And here's moi wearing the charcoal mask. Yes, the gunk is colored black, which I find amusing. And so I waited for 30 minutes before taking it off.

No, my cat wasn't part of the vanity session but she's always beside me. And that's a natural black charcoal mask on her. Hahaha. :)

What I hate about it is, it almost plastered my face permanently! I can't even move a single muscle apart from my eyes! And one slight move of any facial muscle irritates me so much. But I tried standing it for all I know, it could have a great effect afterwards.

AFTER 30 MINUTES...

Seriously, it was such a painstaking removal process. My facial skin felt as if it's being peeled off! And I spent a good 30 minutes removing the mask on the left part of my cheek and I gave up on it. I washed the rest of my face with cleansing foam and water.

Agh! My face felt a prickly due to the intense force applied during the peeling process. I don't usually apply moisturizers before I go to sleep because I don't like anything clogging my pores during sleep. But I was compelled to because my face felt so dry and painful!

My stand on peel- off masks is: IT REMOVES EVEN THE HEALTHY CELLS FROM YOUR FACE KEEPING IT TOO DRY. AND THE HARSH EFFECT OF THE REMOVAL APPLIES TOO MUCH PRESSURE ON THE SKIN, WHICH IS DEFINITELY A BAD THING ALTOGETHER.

I SWEAR I WILL NEVER PURCHASE THIS AND ANY PEEL- OFF MASKS IN PARTICULAR.

I can't even understand why the gals in Girltalk love this so much.

Well, as the saying goes, DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment