Friday, September 3, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: JEANNE BY LANVIN EDP

Here's an initial review on JEANNE BY LANVIN EDP

PRICE: GIVEN TO ME AS A GIFT (PROBABLY AROUND 4K IN MALLS)
PLACE BOUGHT: N/A
OTHER LOCATIONS: http://leperfumerie.multiply.com; malls

DESCRIPTION (taken from fragrantica.com)

Jeanne Lanvin by Lanvin is a floral fruity fragrance for women. Jeanne Lanvin is a new fragrance and it was introduced in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Anne Flipo. Top notes are blackberry, citruses and pear; middle notes are peony, freesia and raspberry; base notes are sandalwood, amber and musk.

THE VERDICT:

Lanvin's Eclat D' Arpege is my HG scent. Since last year, it's the only perfume that I've been using. And since my Eclat is finished, it's time for me to get a new perfume, and a new one.

It's been a while since my last perfume haul. I've tried a lot of perfumes for a week prior to purchasing. There are a lot of great smelling perfumes, but it's so hard to choose.

And when I am already ready to buy, mom gave me this swell gift. A Jeanne perfume by Lanvin. She knows how much I love Lanvin. So she got me a Lanvin perfume again.

This is actually a blind buy, according to her. It looked more simple as compared to the other Lanvin perfumes, yet its simplicity is inviting. It seemed to her that this perfume smells good.

And mom, you're damn right. :))))

A bit of info: Jeanne is created as a tribute to Jeanne Lanvin, the creator of the fashion line. According to Anne Flipo, the perfumer behind this scent, said that this is how she would "perfume- ize" Jeanne's personality: fun, spontaneous, and sophisticated.

Let's now review the product.

The iconic mother and daughter insignia of Lanvin. Here's a trivia. The mother and daughter icon has been the traditional image of Lanvin because the creator, Jeanne Lanvin, became famous in France in the 1800's for designing complementing clothes for mothers and their children.

The bottle might be too big to bring in your bag. And it's quite heavy too. You might also find the ribbon tied around the bottle quite annoying because it keeps on falling. So I just removed mine, though it adds up to the sweet charm of the perfume.

The style of the bottle is classic, clean, and simple. And I love it.

At first spray, the berries are prominent, which gives me this happy vibe whenever I put this on. Shortly, the florals starts settling in. The dry down is a lovely light floral scent with a hint of fruit, and enveloped in musk, which gives this scent a sophisticated allure.

The staying power of Lanvin's perfumes suck. But this one lingered. Not that long, but longer when compared with my Eclat's staying power. It stays for an hour or two. Technically, it's not great, considering that this is an EDP, and the sillage of this perfume is high. But when compared with the Rumeur and Eclat, Jeanne's staying power is great!

I love that this scent can go from day to night. On gloomy and rainy days, a spritz of Jeanne perks up my mood. This is also a great summer scent because of the fruit- iness of it.

Hubby loves this perfume so much. He said that it smells sweet, simple, and non- complex. It's feminine, but not overly sweet or too floral, which can be a case for "feminine" perfumes. This is perfect for young adults, or for people who love delicate scents.

And another great thing, it's guy approved. My guy friends love it. Here are some of their comments when I had them smell Jeanne:

"It smells simple. I like it."
"It smells fresh. It reminds me the beautiful things that I find in a girl that I like."
"Oh finally, a fruity scent that does not make me feel light- headed."
"It smells young. I love it."

Another great perfume from Lanvin. And another HG for me!

**Interested with this perfume? You can order from me. Guaranteed authentic, and 50% cheaper than mall costs Click HERE to view my store. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment