Monday, September 13, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: BOBBI BROWN POWDER BLUSH IN ROSE

Heres an initial review on BOBBI BROWN POWDER BLUSH IN ROSE

PRICE: 1300PHP

PLACE BOUGHT: RUSTANS, MAKATI CITY

OTHER LOCATIONS: RUSTANS SHANGRI- LA MALL, ORTIGAS, MANDALUYONG CITY


THE VERDICT:

Vintage is the new modern. Because blue denims and neutral make- up with a hint of rose is making a comeback. Its one of the latest trends for this autumn/rainy season.

A rose blush might be the last thing youll wear if youre in a generation where candy cheeks and lips, and sunkissed glows are the popular make- up looks.

But if youre a kid of the 90s (like me), youd probably appreciate the good ol rose blush.

Here are the reasons why I bought a Rose- colored blush.

A rose blush is a color that gives you a primp yet tamed look. The dusty shade gives you a warm glow. It is a color that can go from a neutral look, to a made- up one.

And for this cold season, a rose blush, for me, is definitely a must- have.

Skin swatch

Bobbi Browns powder blush in Rose is the perfect rose shade for me. The dusty mauve shade warms the color of my face, thereby enhancing my skintone. The hint of warm pink is just what made this blush perfect. It gives me a pretty glow without looking too young, too old, nor too.. pink. For girls with fair skintone, this can double as a contour and blush in one.

This also pairs well with a rose- colored lippie. But you dont have to worry about looking too old, nor too serious. The color might be warm, but its still pink. However, young adults should steer clear from this blush, unless you want to look a tad older than your age, and finally get a movie ticket for an R-18 film.

Rose on my cheeks

Back to ze blush.

BBs blushes are very pigmented. A little goes a long way. Theres also no fall out upon application. The pan is sleek, and classy. Definitely suits my taste. The buttery texture makes application a breeze. No need to blend, or acquire any make- up application techniques. This baby follows every stroke of your hand. Whether you want the application to be light or dramatic, just layer it, then youll get the effect that you want.

I always find myself reaching for this as of the moment. Its a great break from screaming corals, orgasmic peaches, cheerleader pinks, and sun goddess browns. Its just the classic rose blush that reminds me of my favourite era, the glorious 90s.

I would also recommend the following rose blushes:

Nars- Dolce Vita

MAC- Desert Rose

Bobbi Brown- Sand Pink

Try these rose- colored lippies:

Nars- Dolce Vita

Bobbi Brown- Rose; Nude

Giorgio Armani Cosmetics- Shine Lipstick (Dusty Rose 4)

MAC- Brick- O' La

**For an in- depth review of the Bobbi Brown blush, check my review on the Bobbi Brown Powder Blush in Pale Pink.

**Reviews for the GA Shine Lipstick in Dusty Rose and Nars Dolce Vita Lipstick are available in my blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment