Monday, September 6, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: KEVYN AUCOIN THE LIQUID AIRBRUSH FOUNDATION IN LQ13

Here's an initial review on KEVYN AUCOIN THE LIQUID AIRBRUSH FOUNDATION IN LQ13

PRICE: $7 (ORIGINALLY AT $45)
PLACE BOUGHT: SEPHORA.COM
OTHER LOCATIONS: KEVN AUCOIN WEBSITE; SELECTED RETAILERS

DESCRIPTION (TAKEN FROM KEVYNAUCOIN.COM):


Satiny liquid foundation for a photo-ready face.

THE VERDICT:

I got this from a pre- order via Girltalk. The time I ordered this along with my HG Sephora powders (which i got on a crazy sale as well), Sephora was having a clearance sale on some cosmetics including Kevyn Aucoin.

During that time, almost every KA cosmetic is already sold out. And this is the only foundation shade available. I took my chance on LQ13 and prayed that it matches my skin tone.

But if it doesn't, at least I got it for only $7.

A lot were saddened when Sephroa decided to pull out KA cosmetics. The blushes and lipsticks are among the famous products of the brand. But the Liquid Airbrush Foundation has garnered a lot of raves online.

Let's review the packaging.

The bottle is made of high- grade material plastic. It's lightweight, but not cheap looking at the same time. The red and black color is also nice. It makes this a unique item in my cosmetic stash.

The dispenser is pump, which makes it convenient. You can control the amount of foundation that you're gonna use.

LQ13 is a dark beige shade with a peach undertone. I had this feeling that if it weren't for the peach undertone, this would've been my match. But good thing, I came from beach bumming last summer, and I turned a shade darker.

The consistency of the foundation is lightweight liquid. It is a tad runny, which makes it spreadable. A little amount goes a long way. This foundation is very pigmented as well so I only need a few drops to cover my entire face.

This foundation is great. Upon blending, it starts drying, then it gives your face a semi- matte look with a dewy finish. Once set with powder, it seems as if you're not wearing anything at all!

Here's moi with the foundation and set with powder. Can you tell that I'm wearing the wrong kind of foundation? I would like to believe that this foundation has tone adjusting properties. It blended seamlessly in to my skin and skin tone!

But I've had bad days with this foundation too. I was in a hurry and I pumped a lot. So to save the excess, I decided to slather everything on my face. The result: sunburned face.

Overall, I love this product. and I got it for $7 only! It does not streak, cake, nor fade during the day. A little retouch of powder will keep your face looking fresh again.

Kevyn Aucoin will be a sadly- missed brand. I can see the reason why the KA fans are in love with KA's LABF. But it's still available in Kevyn Aucoin's official website though. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment