Monday, May 24, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAKE UP FOR EVER LIFT CONCEALER IN 2

Here's an initial review on MAKE UP FOR EVER LIFT CONCEALER IN 2

PRICE: 1350PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: MAKE UP FOR EVER, THE FORT HIGH STREET, FORT BONIFACIO GLOBAL CITY, TAGUIG CITY
OTHER LOCATIONS: SEPHORA; SEPHORA ONLINE; MAKE UP FOR EVER SHANGRI- LA MALL, ORTIGAS, MANDALUYONG CITY

THE VERDICT:

To refresh my dear readers: I've said in my previous posts that I'm on the lookout for an HG concealer. I've tried different brands such as Cinema Secrets, MAC, Laura Mercier, and NYX but haven't found the concealer that will never fade, cake, crease, look chalky, and settle into fine lines.

But to my disappointment, I still haven't found the perfect concealer for me.

I was on the verge of getting Benefit's Boi-Ing or Erase Paste when my I've already reached the bottom of my MAC Studio Sculpt. I've read mixed reviews on Benefit's products and decided to look for one in other brands. After searching for a lot of products and reading tons of reviews, I've decided that Shu Uemura's Pro Concealer is my next purchase.

But when I was in Duty Free, the feeling of getting a Shu Uemura concealer was replaced by my amazement and sudden lemming for Chanel's Rouge Allure in Super.

I ended up buying nothing because I was feeling a bit guilty with my crazy make- up hauls a day before my DF visit.

And when I came to The Fort High Street for dinner, the lemming for a new concealer was back again! I was feeling a bit guilty because I didn't purchase the Shu Uemura concealer at a cheaper price when I had the chance. Screw that lemming for Chanel's lippie!

But I was certain during that time. I need a new concealer. And I went to Make Up For Ever to see what they have to offer.

They have the new HD concealer, but it's in a pen- type packaging. I don't like those kinds of packaging because they can be deceiving. You don't actually get a bang for your buck because there's not much stuff inside the pen.

The kind SA (who remembered me) offered me the Lift Concealer, which is Kim Kardashian and her make- up artist's favorite concealer of all- time. I've been hearing about the Lift line of MUFE, but I don't actually have an idea what it does. Is it meant to give you a face lift? LOL. :p

Anyway, let's now review the product.

The Lift Concealer is in liquid form. This is my first time to try a liquid concealer, so I had to go back for it because I have this slight aversion to experimenting with new products, especially when it comes to the most important ones. In my case, a concealer is very essential, and whatever I buy must be great, always. But there's always time to try something new.

Moving forward.

It comes in a tube, which makes it hygienic. It's also hell pigmented, so a little goes a long way.

It comes in two (2) shades. Two (2) and Three (3). 3 is the lightest (fair skin tones), and 2 is the darkest (medium to dark skin tones).

And here's where's my musing begins. I'm sorry if my introductions is too chatty to some of you. I never run out of words if I find a very good product! To keep you excited, let me spoil the suspense a bit by telling you guys that I think I've found my HG concealer.

The Lift concealer is a lightweight concealer that gives light to medium coverage. It is build- able, and it dries quickly, which saves you time from your make- up session. It spreads well and blends well too. Very pigmented so a little goes a long way.

Now I see the reason why it's in liquid form. Cream concealers have the tendency to cake, because it dries slowly. It can also settle into fine lines because cream and cake concealers are hardly absorbed into the skin, as opposed to liquid ones. And if it is not absorbed well by the skin, it means that it's only on the surface, making it vulnerable to environmental and physical elements, that leads to its fading during wear. Maybe Dany Sanz knew all about these things, that's why she customized her concealer to fit the everyday conditions.

I don't know what the LIFT promise actually does, but in my observation, my under eyes look fresher and brighter! And my dark circles are naturally concealed, without looking chalky too. When it comes to coverage, I prefer something that will lighten my dark circles, not totally eliminate them. Because I've seen women (and men in some occasions) without any sign of dark circles at all! And they all look too made- up. Perfect examples are the looks of make- up SAs.

My eyes without any concealer on.

I use this on my lids as well so my eyes will look fresh and bright too. This is one trick to do if you don't want your concealer to stand out. And the trick in applying concealers is DAB, NOT SPREAD.

And regarding the staying power, I give it 20 stars. It stayed put sans the creasing and fading! And there's more, you can even re- apply this during the day on top of your make- up if you want to refresh your look. And it will not ruin it at all! How cool is that!? :)

I'd like to believe that this Lift concealer has light reflexive properties because it adjusts to whatever lighting I'm in. Whether I'm under natural or artificial lighting, the concealer still looks natural and great!

And this concealer, when blended evenly, does not cast white streaks in pictures. :)

It has a slight perfume- y scent. But it's not bothersome at all, at least in my opinion.

Overall, I'm in love with this concealer. I think I've finally found the one. Being a Gemini, I know that my insatiable curiosity to always try something new will always be a part of me. But as far as I'm concerned, this topples all the concealers from my list, and I don't think that I'll try something new in the coming months! It's currently my HG concealer! And this tube will prolly last me for more than a year! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment