Friday, May 28, 2010

MY TOP 8 BEACH ESSENTIALS

So what's keeping me pretty during sea side strolls and water dips? All it takes are 5 products and 5 minutes. Here is a list of products that you should bring to your beach destination. With all the cosmetic advancements made throughout the years, there's no excuse to not look your best under the sun!

1. Healing balm- I always rely on Smith's Rosebud salve to soften the dry spots on my skin after a tanning session. I also use it to pack my lips with moisture after a good time spent under the sun. Make sure you bring balms that protect, soothe, heal, and soften because nature can be quite harsh to your skin.

2.
Tinted Moisturizer- I use Laura Mercier, my trusted brand for TMs. Tinted Moisturizers are more lightweight than foundation. Plus, it has SPF which makes it absolutely perfect for outdoor use. It moisturizes and protects while giving you a slight tint to enhance your skintone. Always go for the oil- free ones so your face will not turn slick, because the sun can induce oil from your skin.

3.
A heavy- duty concealer- Hide those late- night circles with a heavy- duty concealer. Make Up Forever's Lift Concealer is the best for me. It is water- resistant, so it sticks on you for a good amount of time. Choose a concealer that has SPF. It should also be lightweight, so it won't cake, streak and fade. Best way to go are liquid concealers.

4.
A heavy- duty brow liner- I don't like wearing waterproof mascara during swimming sessions because the sea and the mascara sting my eyes badly. So to keep me looking polished and pretty, I groom my brows. Maybelline's Unstoppable Natural Brow Liner keeps my eyebrows groomed. And another great discovery with my MUNBL: It doesn't fade easily!

5.
Lip and cheek tint- Benefit's Benetint keeps me looking pretty as a flower by giving me the right kind of flush under the sun. I've mused in my blog about my despise with Benetint 'cos of its awful pigmentation. But it's the only thing that has worked for me during swimming. It's waterproof! There are other lip and cheek tint brands out there that will not cost you a fortune, but are as effective too.

And for my face and skin care, I bring the three to keep me worry- free while I enjoy the sea, sun, and sand

1.
Face Sunblock- Your face has skin, but its different than the heavy duty one that covers your body from shoulders to toes. So I make sure that I'm not without my VMV Armada Face Cover. It's lightweight, unscented, and hypoallergenic. It also blocks different kinds of UV rays from artificial to natural. And the best part is, you can use it on a daily basis too! So instead of buying a face sunblock that's meant for swimming use only, go for VMV. It's cheap, and it's good for use in water activities too!

2.
Sunblock- Ditch the streaky, gunk- y, and slick lotion. Thank goodness for sunblock sprays. These liquid sunblocks are still made of lotion, but goes invisible when applied. You don't have to wait for 30 minutes before you jump in the water. And, you don't have to look like a striped animal in pictures in case your sunblock streaks.

3.
Dry oil mist- The best way to make a tan more obvious is to have glowing skin. It is important to moisturize your skin after a long sun exposure because it has been drained of water and moisture. Prevent dry, cracked, and flaking skin by moisturizing. In my case, I use a dry oil mist because it gives my skin a healthy sheen, as opposed to using lotions that give you a dull, and matte finish. I am in love with The Body Shop's Olive Oil Dry Mist. It dries quickly, smells good, and keeps my skin glowing, and most importantly, moisturized.

Being outdoors has requirements, but it's not that much. All you need are a few but best, durable, and versatile products that will keep you protected and pretty, while you're enjoying the bounties of Mother Nature.



0 comments:

Post a Comment