Monday, February 22, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: VICTORIA VOGUE OIL- RESISTANT CONTOURING SPONGES

Here's an initial review on VICTORIA VOGUE OIL- RESISTANT CONTOURING SPONGES


PRICE: 125PHP

PLACE BOUGHT: BEAUTY BAR, NEW EASTWOOD MALL, EASTWOOD CITY, LIBIS, QUEZON CITY

OTHER LOCATIONS: ALL BEAUTY BAR OUTLETS


THE VERDICT:


I don't usually splurge on sponges but I realized that I really have to. I would very much prefer using my fingers when applying make- up, but I am so clumsy, I always stain my clothes, make- up kit, etc. So I decided to start using sponges for a change.


I tried purchasing a pack of sponges from Japan Home. Not bad for a huge pack for 88php only. But I hated it a lot. I wasn't even done in applying make- up on my face when the sponge began to crumble and shred like crazy. I wasted 88php on a useless pack. So I embarked on a search for cheap yet sturdy make- up sponges.


I stumbled upon Victoria Vogue in Beauty Bar. They claim to be the trusted brand for sponges in film, tv, stage, etc. I was leaning towards getting the wedge sponges, but I hate small sponges. They're too time- consuming because they're so tiny, you only get to put make- up on parts of your face.


So I got meself this pack of oil- resistant sponges. They're actually for contouring. But I still got them anyway. It claims that they do not shred, flake, crumble nor break. So I payed 125php for a pack of 2.


It's a triangular- shaped sponge that aids in giving you the perfect contour for your nose, cheeks, jaws, etc.

Here's a closer look of the contouring sponge. I gave one sponge to hubby in exchange of his Revlon sponge. He needs something to contour his face during performances. And according to him. It really did help him in contouring his face due to the triangular- shaped edges that hit the contours of his face right on the spot.


Lo and behold. I've been using these sponges for a week now. And true enough, they didn't crumble. Not a single sighting of falling sponge particles! It's quite costly for a pack of 2 sponges but think about it, you'll only end up spending more by buying cheap sponges! And best part, they don't have that fugly synthetic rubber smell (which is the case with the Japan Home sponges) that puts me off every time I apply my foundation.


If ever these sponges wear out. I'm sure to buy Victoria Vogue again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment