Sunday, February 21, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAX FACTOR FALSE LASHES EFFECT MASCARA (BLACK)

Here's an initial review on MAX FACTOR FALSE EYELASH EFFECT MASCARA (BLACK)


PRICE: AROUND 795PHP

PLACE BOUGHT: LANDMARK, MAKATI CITY

OTHER LOCATIONS: SELECTED MALLS AND BOUTIQUES WITH MAX FACTOR RETAIL COUNTERS


THE VERDICT:


I once saw this in my friend's make- up bag. I was a bit skeptic with Max Factor items before because their lashfinity wasn't really impressive, according to my mom. It gave her teary eyes every time she wears it because according to her, it stings her eyes! I had the chance to try it and it just gave me stupid clumpy lashes every time I use it.


But the false effect mascara looked fabulous on my friend's eyes. It's like she always has false eyelashes on! Perfect! Just how I want my lashes to look like. But it also helped that her lashes were already lush and the MF false lash effect mascara enhanced it.


So I gave it a shot last Christmas. Actually, this review is looong overdue. I had this for quite sometime now and I've been enjoying it ever since I acquired it. 


That just gives you an idea on how busy I am. No, I am not being lazy on my blog. Ya' know how I'd post like crazy per day on my blog. But it's just that my schedule's eating up my time, brain cells and energy. But I promise, this week, I'll be updating my blog for my dear readers and followers.


So, for now, I'll get this MF mascara review over and done with.


The packaging is quite fat so expect it to eat a bit of space in your make- up kit. I do hope that it does have a lot of the actual product inside that's why the tube is fat!


So here is the wand. Actually, the wand sucks big time. Its bristles are so sparse and tiny, it's like you're applying mascara with a wand without bristles at all! If you're no expert in applying mascara, you'll end up with weird- looking clumpy lashes. It's like wearing bad- looking false eyelashes on your peepers.


Honestly, I thought at first that this is a total waste of money, But like all mascaras, you just have to get used to using them.


After 3- 4 usages, I've finally gotten used with the wand. And I actually appreciated it more. It actually helps your lashes absorb a good amount of the mascara gunk so it'll look volumized and infused in an instant. A minute that you allot in between application can help you achieve that fabulous- looking fan lashes in an instant.


And in terms of staying power, it doesn't run off nor flake during the day. I have the washable variant and it slides off easily with soap and water. It also comes in the waterproof variant.


Will I buy this again? Why not? As far as I'm concerned, I'm lovin' this product but it's quite expensive. But If I have extra cash, why not? Maybelline's colossal is a tad cheaper so I'll be settling for that because it does the same effect (or maybe more, or maybe I'm just biased 'cos it's my HG haha. :p) at a cheaper price.


But seriously, my friend's right. It's HG material. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment