Monday, March 9, 2009

Silver City - A Colorful & Arty Town

View of the Main Street in Down Town - I loved this little hill town!


I don't know if this is the City Hall, I'm not sure


A pretty catholic church - in pink


Impressive sign for a music shop in Down Town - do you recognize all the musicians?


This mural looks good also with the cars in the front! :)


Indian - Mexican style deco on a private house wall


I'm sure if we would have spent more time in this pretty town, we would have discovered many more of this nice murals, like this one.


In the arty and gallery quarter was a coffee house - and some people enjoyed outside the warming spring time sun


Around the corner of the same coffee house were more inviting benches to sit down


A bunch of dried hot, red chili peppers - it makes a nice decoration on every wall!


In front of a gallery was this wonderful painted bench with New Mexico subject


Allover town you can see these tiles on walls, on steps or just in the paved board walks - what a wonderful idea!


Pretty view into a window


Cactus flowers


It's springtime also in Silver City at almost 6000 feet high in the mountains of New Mexico!!!


Hi my friends,

Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments and compliments to my last post! I'm behind with my postings a little bit.... but please stay tuned and have patience - my problems were again the Internet-connection.

I will have much more pictures to show you, beautiful pictures of landscapes we drove trough and places we have visited, everything was so overwhelming for me - I have to admit again and once more and I think it will be not the last time: this country is just surprisingly BEAUTIFUL - and endless BIG! :))

Susanne and David

0 comments:

Post a Comment